Arizona Action Coalition (Established March 2012)
- The purpose of the Arizona Action Coalition is to guide implementation of the recommendations from the Institute of Medicine’s (IOM) Future of Nursing report in Arizona.
- The IOM report provides a blueprint for transforming the nursing profession to improve health care and meet needs of diverse populations.
- The Arizona Action Coalition (AZAC) has been working with the Center to Champion Nursing in America (CCNA) to address challenges facing nursing. CCNA is supported by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF), and AARP.
Key messages from the Future of Nursing report:
- Nurses should practice to the full extent of their education and training.
- Nurses should achieve higher levels of education and training through an improved educational system that promotes seamless academic progression.
- Nurses should be full partners, with physicians and other health professionals, in redesigning health care in the United States.
- Efficient workforce planning and policy making require better data collection and an improved information infrastructure.
Arizona Committee Groups established to help with the implementation of the IOM report:
- Finance & Grants
- Communication and Outreach
Brief Overview of Action Coalitions
- Driving force of the Future of Nursing: Campaign for Action, a collaboration through AARP, AARP Foundation, CCNA and RWJF
- Supporting a health care system where all Americans have access to high-quality care, with nurses contributing to the full extent of their capabilities
Action Coalitions are built to:
- Effect long-term sustainable change at the local, state and regional levels
- Capture best practices, determine research needs, track lessons learned and identify replicable models
- Implement recommendations from the IOM report
Action Coalitions Co-Leaders:
Please join the Arizona Action Coalition initiative
a minimum donation of $25.00 supports state-based initiatives