Arizona Action Coalition (Established March 2012)
- The purpose of the Arizona Action Coalition is to guide implementation of the recommendations from the Institute of Medicine’s (IOM) Future of Nursing report in Arizona.
- The IOM report provides a blueprint for transforming the nursing profession to improve health care and meet needs of diverse populations.
- The Arizona Action Coalition (AZAC) has been working with the Center to Champion Nursing in America (CCNA) to address challenges facing nursing. CCNA is a partnership between the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF), and AARP.
Key messages from the Future of Nursing report:
- Nurses should practice to the full extent of their education and training.
- Nurses should achieve higher levels of education and training through an improved educational system that promotes seamless academic progression.
- Nurses should be full partners, with physicians and other health professionals, in redesigning health care in the United States.
- Efficient workforce planning and policy making require better data collection and an improved information infrastructure.
Arizona Committee Groups established to help with the implementation of the IOM report:
Brief Overview of Action Coalitions
- Driving force of the Future of Nursing: Campaign for Action, a collaboration through AARP, AARP Foundation, CCNA and RWJF
- Supporting a health care system where all Americans have access to high-quality care, with nurses contributing to the full extent of their capabilities
Action Coalitions are built to:
- Effect long-term sustainable change at the local, state and regional levels
- Capture best practices, determine research needs, track lessons learned and identify replicable models
- Implement recommendations from the IOM report
Please consider joining and helping the Arizona Action Coalition.